ITW offers a variety of benefits to help you live life your way — and tools to help you choose. Here’s everything you need to know about enrollment.
When You Can Enroll
Actions to Take
When you enroll, you can:
- Choose or change your benefits.
- Sign up for a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if you enroll in the PPO1 or PPO2 medical plans or waive coverage.
- Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) if you enroll in the HealthSaver medical plan. (You can change your contributions anytime.)
- Sign up for a Dependent Care FSA.
- Add or drop dependents from coverage.
4 Steps to Get Your 2023 Benefits
1. Understand What’s Available
Your 2023 Benefits Lineup
Here are the benefits you may select when you enroll and the ones you automatically receive from ITW at no cost to you:
2. Make Smart Choices with These Tools
ITW offers tools and resources to help you choose the benefits that are best for you and your family.
- Watch this video comparing the plans.
- Explore how the plans work, what it costs to have coverage and how much you’ll pay when you need care.
- Call a Benefits Value Advisor at Blue Cross Blue Shield to understand how your medical plan works, compare costs for medical services, find in-network providers and even have appointments scheduled for you.
- Use the CVS Caremark CoPay Calculator to learn the cost of prescription drugs and to find generic alternatives.
- Use the Metlife Life Insurance Calculator to help determine how much coverage you need to protect your loved ones.
3. Cover the Right People
Here’s who’s eligible for health and wellness benefits. Decide who you want to cover.
Note: The value of the coverage provided to your domestic partner (and their children) will be taxable income for you unless your domestic partner (and their children) qualifies as your tax dependent.
4. Know When and How to Enroll
You can access enrollment information online at work or at home. You’ll find all the details you need to make your 2023 benefit elections.
- Log on to ITW Employee Self-Service with your seven-digit Employee ID (found on your paycheck stub) and password. (If this is your first time visiting the website, you’ll need to register. See below for instructions.)
- Click the Health & Life Elections icon under the Benefit Provider Websites drop-down and follow the enrollment process instructions.
You can also call the ITW Benefits Service Center at 1.866.416.4931 to enroll Monday through Friday,
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time.
Follow these steps to register:
1. Go to ITW Employee Self-Service.
2. Select the Register link, and the system will guide you through a short registration process.
You’ll need your Employee ID, the first five digits of your Social Security number, your birth month and day, and your home ZIP code.
What Happens If I Don’t Enroll?
You’ll be automatically enrolled in default coverage, which is the benefits you automatically receive, including Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (and Basic Dependent Life Insurance if you have designated your spouse/domestic partner and/or other dependents). You won’t be enrolled in medical, dental or vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Health Savings Account or any Optional Life and AD&D Insurance. You won’t have an opportunity to change your benefits again until Open Enrollment in the fall or if you have a qualifying life event.